6.09.2005

Employed

Well, it seems to have happened. I have a job.

The aforementioned neighbor who's moving away, when I was there for the yard sale, mentioned, "and if you know any graphic designers looking for a job..." I mentioned that, well, I do, actually. And he had my stop by his soon-to-be former place of employment, a Santa Fe print shop.

It became a bit of a flurry of an interview, which culminated in an offer yesterday, to join the local print shop. It's perhaps a bit more production-intensive that my background is (at least of late), so we've agreed to give it a month, and see if I'm suited to be their senior design-type person.

Combined with the housesitting and such, past few days have been a whirlwind of activity, ending my longest summer vacation ever.

7 comments:

andy said...

Raph is just unhappy that he has to ship comics cross country rather driving buy in the dark of night and flinging them througha window. I know when I get a package it's a combination of excitement and dread.

Congrats..but wasn't that just a little too easy. Like one of those movies like the Firm where couple (I was going to say young), gets job quickly and it turns out to be a nefarious.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Congratulations! Missed your blogs for a couple of days...wondered where you were. I'll drop a longer email later this weekend. M

Mel said...

Okay - this is just getting a little scary..first the comic book store thing...then the job thing...coincidence? I don't THINK SO! Good things happen to good people at least some of the time and I'm glad that two of my favorite "good people" are getting some good things...

Anonymous said...

Local fan here. I'm glad you got a job but don't let it stand in the way of your continuing to post. It's been a whole week! Regards, a Santa Fe Librarian

Anonymous said...

Where are you???? I miss your postings, it is June 18th and it has been 9 days since the last posting. I am not a good letter writer so PLEASE, entertain me with your blogs.......

On my way to overnight at the spa in Warrenton, and then Wolftrap tomorrow.......the season has begun.

More in a later email,

Ms. P

AJ said...

Paper Tiger--cute name. Jokes. I get jokes. Check out some other Paper Tigers:

Rare Books
Garage band

Television

Anonymous said...

Well, FINALLY, you will be able to support Monica in the style she is accustomed to.....Hee Hee : ] Congratulations Guys!!!!