6.14.2008

Santa Fe Complex



Took a little bike ride this evening over to the opening at Santa Fe Complex. They'd been making the rounds of the local talk shows, sounded like an interesting premise.

A nice space. It was a popular event, the parking lot filled up and, once you got inside, people standing right where you wanted to go. In keeping with their mission, it was a display of the intersection between art and science. There was some beautiful stuff there, and plenty that … well, I'm not sure what it was. There was a lack of labels on the pieces: some were self-explanatory; some included instructions; some, nice but not sure why they were a part of this exhibit; some had people to explain what it was all about.

   

A self-portrait theme emerged as I was there.

  

(Two rows of photos above, click for larger.)

-=-=-=-=-

Starting tomorrow, I'm on a bit of a staycation. The way it's worked out, I have to take vacation at a time when Monica can't. We'll both be heading up to Ojo tomorrow, but Monday, she returns back home and I stay on another day. I plan on heading out from there, doing some hiking and exploring the area, maybe working my way back down south to meet up with a friend. I'll probably have the old laptop, mostly for recharging the iPod and pulling photos, and not anticipating any wireless access, so we'll see how it all goes.

No comments: